My Life on Earth

Thursday, May 1, 2008

"to himself"

So, this morning I was back in the same scripture, Luke 7:36-50. I saw something this morning that I have never noticed before. You know how we know that God knows our thoughts, and our thoughts are many times sinful. Well, now I have the scripture to back that belief up with, not that we need it.

Luke 7:39, "When the Pharisee who had invited him saw this, he said to himself, 'If this man were a prophet, he would know who is touching him and what kind of woman she is-that she is a sinner.'

So three thoughts for the day, first and foremost, God does read our minds; however Satan can not. Secondly, the Pharisee was critizing Christ and thirdly, the Pharisee was judging the woman. So critizing and judging are sins, and whether you speak them or not, you have sinned. Matthew 7:1-2 states, "'Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.'"


I know that I am guilty of sinful thoughts. I know I have to ask forgiveness for my thoughts many times. I also know that if I will focus on Philippians 4:8, "whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable-if anything is excellent or praiseworthy-think about such things" that my thoughts will be exactly where God wants them to be.

The battle between the flesh and the Spirit continues.


No comments: