My Life on Earth

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Funk

How do you get out of a funk? I have been in one for a while now, between the overtime, the Chicago trip, and now a golf trip, I am in a bit of a funk. I miss my hubby dearly, and am beginning to feel like a single mom. Makes me appreciate my hubby even more than I already did, and feel for the single mothers out there. I am feeling like I am going crazy, or that I am the junior Mrs. Going Goofy.

I hate being in a funk. Nothing seems to go right (meaning my way), but of course it is right because it is God's way, I just don't like it. When I am in a funk, it becomes very difficult to focus on God and not my situation. I think, what do I have to be in a funk about, I have a wonderful hubby, great kids, a nice home, my health, etc. It makes it very difficult to figure out exactly what is the problem.

I tell people I never get a vacation, because even when we go on vacation the children are still there. I love my children very much, but I could use a nice long break. Lots of people just don't seem to get that concept.

So, back to my question, how do you get out of a funk? Any suggestions? I could use them.

No comments: