My Life on Earth

Monday, March 3, 2008

My Grandmother


I have this thing about being asked to speak at funerals, three time to be exact. The first time I said no, but wrote something to be read. The other two times I did it (my grandfather and now grandmother). I felt led to blog the last two paragraphs of what I said at my grandma's funeral because she would want everyone to know these things. So I hope you enjoy reading the words God gave to me...

"My final thought was if Grandma could tell each of your something what would it be. Well, through much prayer, God led me to the conclusion that it would be what Grandpa wrote in Grandma's bible that he gave her at the age of 51. 'May His grace become more real'. I believe that was Grandpa's prayer for Grandma and that it is now her prayer for us. I believe Grandma has now found God's grace and she wants us to find it here. She would want you all to know that she was a Martha in a Martha World, but she wants us to be Mary's in a Martha world. For those unfamiliar witht the story it is in Like 10:38-42.

Grandma wants us to know that God's grace is amazing if we will just except it. He meets each of us exactly where we are and picks us up and cares for us. Some of the words to my favorite song are 'In Christ alone, who took on flesh/Fullness of God in helpless babe/This gift of love and righteousness/Scorned by the ones He came to save/Til on that cross as Jesus died/ The wrath of God was stisfied/For every sin on Him was laid/ Here in the death of Christ I live.' (Newsboys) Knowing these facts and knowing God's grace lead me to the book of Esphesians. I believe this scripture gets to the point of what Grandma wants to tell us. Grandma wants us all to know God, experience God, trust God, and show God to others. So I ask you to listen to the words of Ephesians 4:1-5:2.

So knowing that Grandma would want us to live as children of light, allowing God's glory to shine through us I ask one more request of you. Come Home Running, God's grace is sufficient for you."

No comments: