My Life on Earth

Thursday, March 6, 2008

How old did you say????

Yesterday, as I was doing my Bible reading in the Book of 2nd Kings, I read of King Josiah. King Josiah was 8 years old when him took the throne of Judah. He did what was right in the eyes of the Lord. According to 2 Kings 23:25, "Before him there was no king like him who turned to the Lord with all his heart and with all his soul and with all his might, according to the law of Moses; nor did any like him arise after him."

I can't even begin to imagine a child at the age of eight making decisions on running a nation, let alone running it in a way that is pleasing to the Lord. It goes to show that what Paul says to the church "all things are possbile through Christ who strenghtens me," is in fact true. Not that I doubt that or God's Word, I just love finding even more examples in the Bible and in current life where God over and over proves His words given to Paul.

No comments: