My Life on Earth

Thursday, March 13, 2008

Sweetheart...I don't think so

I had a man, not my husband walk pass me and give me the once over. You know what I am talking about, the up and down look. Then he says "Hey, Sweetheart" in that tone men get when they think they are sounding good. And his son (early teenager), I assume, was with him. Now if the Hubby had been with me, I probably would not have thought to much about it, because he always has my back, but it was just me and the 18 month old. Something tells me Mini-Me is not going to jump up out of the shopping cart and stand up for Mommy. According to the hubby, I am a red hot mama, and that men just think that way about me. Which by the way, I just don't get at all but I love that my Hubby feels that way about me.

So, here is the thing, not only did this man degrade me in my opinion, and was successful at scaring me; he just taught that young child that it is okay to look at a woman the way he did and speak to me the way that he did. I was made perfectly for my hubby and don't appreciate being approached in such a manner. I don't think that I am asking for too much, to be treated with respect. And if someone thinks that I look that good, just thank God for his amazing creation. I was wonderfully, fearfully, and beautifully made by God, for God, and my Hubby.

That is my soap box for the day...



No comments: