My Life on Earth

Friday, April 4, 2008

What do you hear?

When I am spending my time with God each morning, I get to enjoy many of God's wonderful sounds. I notice the birds singing, the wind blowing, dogs barking, and cars with people in them going to work without look for these things. I find God amazing that he not only blesses me with time to spend with Him each day, but he allows me to hear his world and appreciate it. Do you hear the sounds God created for you? Do you hear His voice calling you? Do you tell him no? Talk to Him, he is a wonderful communicator. There is no right or wrong way to talk to our Heavenly Father, he just wants us to talk to Him and to listen.

When we talk and listen he tells us things like this; How often do you put me in a box? Sometimes is my response. This morning he showed me from his Word why I can't put Him in a box. I have been reading through the Old Testament and I am to 2 Chronicles. In my reading this morning I got to Chapter 2:5-6, I found this: "'The temple I am going to build will be great, because our God is greater than all other gods. But who is able to build a temple for him, since the heavens, even the highest heavens, cannot contain him? Who then am I to build a temple for him, except as a place to burn sacrifices before him?'" (King Solomon) Just a reminder that God is too great to be put in a box (ie:temple).

No comments: