My Life on Earth

Friday, May 22, 2009

Yesterdays Lute

I think I might just be addicted to saving money. Here is yesterdays lute:

Target: Total Spent Out of Pocket: $54.43, Total Saved: $33.19 ($26.00 in coupons) As you can tell, there is a package of Huggies pull ups, Little Swimmers for Grandma's house, a rack of baby back ribs, and two packages of Oscar Mayer deli fresh lunch meat to name of few things off.

Publix: Total spent outof pocket: $54.33, total saved $71.02 ($22.75 in coupons). No, I don't currently need 4 bottles of syrup, just one, but it is not going to go bad before my kids use it all up on all the waffles I got last week at Target. Three jugs of V8, the Hubby loves this stuff, 4 boxes of spaghetti, just need one, but buy 1 get 1 is hard to pass up. Two bags of potatoes, we eat lots of potatoes in our house. Two bags of onions; just about everything I cook calls for onions. We eat lots of yogurt and cheese in this house and the popcorn; while that is just a great snack. Two more bottles of laundry detergent,not including the two I picked up at Kroger as well.

It is difficult for me to pass up a $2-3 bottle of detergent when you are used to paying $5-6, or $1 box of cereal when you were paying $4 or a $0.39 box of crackers when you were paying $2.50 or $0.90 for a box of popcorn that you were paying $5 or $0.08 for B-B-Q sauce.

Out of what you see, the potatoes, onions, yogurt, 1 box of spaghetti, 1 bottle of syrup, garlic, lemon, mushrooms, bean sprouts, and wipes, were the only things I NEEDED this week.

I hope you all are enjoying reading about my savings, because I am really having fun with this, plus it gives me my shopping fix that I so love. So not only am I saving money on groceries, I am also saving money on shopping, because now I don't go as much. It is great.

No comments: