My Life on Earth

Friday, May 8, 2009

At it Again

Our household budget for groceries is $300.00 per two weeks (this includes food, health and beauty, and household stuff, light bulbs, bags air filter, etc). Before, I started all of this I was actually spending between $450.00 and $500.00 every two weeks. Now I am buying things I would not have bought before (ie, chocolate milk, cereal, easymac, new razor, fresh vegetables, etc.). I am currently staying inside of my budget by about $30.00 to $40.00 per two weeks, and looking for room to store everything in my house. Example, I have 14 boxes of cereal that I maybe paid $25.00. I know I can't bye anymore cereal for a little while, I just hate to pass up an $.88 box of cereal. The Hubby told me last night that he truly appreciated it, even though it takes a lot more time to shop this way.

This is my Kroger stop today. I got 3 boxes of cereal, 4 gallons of milk, 2 dozen eggs, 2 packages cheese, 4 bags Dixie Crystal sugar, 2 green peppers, 8 ears of corn, onions, 2 packages of pudding, and 2 packages of hotdogs. Out of pocket, 36.17.

Here was todays Target trip. I got 2 boxes of Fiber one cereal (Kid-O loves this stuff), lunchmeat, sour cream 2 packages Fiber one yogurt, large jar of peanut butter, 6 easy mac (Little Man loves these for lunch), Dannon la Creme yogurt, 3 boxes of Eggo waffles and a Shick (sp) Qauttro razor. Out of pocket, 23.08

Pick up a Pork Loin at Sam's also and fresh salsa that the hubby and I love (thanks to the mom-in-law) to have it and no one has put it on sale. Out of Pocket, 24.82. I get about six meals off the pork loin.

No comments: