My Life on Earth

Monday, December 8, 2008

Yesterday...Wow

What a day! I got to have church yesterday with one that I think is the most amazing women I have ever met. I told the hubby, the only way I knew to describe her was as what we are truly called to be, by God, she has attempted to achieve. After spending the last year and half getting to know this woman, I see just how much she has touched the world. I am sure we all know someone like that, who has loved everyone, shared God's love with everyone she has met, lying in the hospital witnessing to doctors.

I had the amazing opportunity yesterday to help care for this women. While she was laying in my arms, I could feel how much pain she is in, but yet she never complained. She smiled and kept telling me how much she loved me. Me, I have been unable to do anything to help, other than pray and encourage. She has done more for me, than I could ever have done for her.

So today, as I was reading my Monday's devotion that I get, this paragraph just really stood out to me, in regards to this women. Here is the paragraph, "And how about us? Are we able to recognize God's Only Son in the most unlikely of people and places? Are we drawn to the Son of God and will we gently hold him in our arms? Are we open to those sacred moments when we are allowed, no, encouraged to touch the face of God? Simeon reminds us that God WILL reveal Himself to us, but we must be ready to see Him. In all your hectic activities this Christmas Season, allow yourself to be surprised by the Presence of The Messiah." Yes, I know that this pastor is talking about Simeon, and his revelation of the seeing of the Messiah before his death. The part that stands out is "will we gently hold him in our arms? Are we open to those sacred moments when we are allowed, no, encouraged to touch the face of God?" That was me yesterday, I got to hold the Spirit of God through this women in my arms. No complaining, no woo is me, no life sucks, no God is so unfair, nothing but praise for God and what he is doing. I know this might not make sense, but that is okay, it does not have to, to anyone reading, it only has to make sense to me. What an encouragement this women is to me and everyone that see touches.

1 comment:

Laurie said...

She truly lives as a Heavenly citizen here on Earth!