My Life on Earth

Sunday, December 14, 2008

Trial and Tribulations...

This morning during my pray time and through a few dear sweet friends, God answered some more prayers for me. You know when you go through those trial and tribulations in life and they seem to be getting the better of you. Well, Satan is getting the better of you. That has been me for the last week and a half or so. About the time you lay something down, it comes back up. I think that God is testing me to see if I have really laid things down.

Well, this morning Mrs. Goofy, I think, it might have been HRH, anyway, brought up the story of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego. I went back to read that story to see what God had in it for me. When these men were told to worship other gods, they refused and were then placed in the furnace. That was their trial or test or whatever word you chose to use at the time. Well, while in that fire, four men were seen walking around. Daniel 3:25, says "Look! I see four men walking around in the fire, unbound and unharmed, and the fourth looks like a son of the gods." King Nebuchadnezzar leaped to his feet in amazement and asked his advisers, 'Weren't there three men that we tied up and threw into the fire?' (3:24). "So Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego come out of the fire, and the satraps, prefects, governors, and royal advisers crowded around them. They saw that the fire had not harmed their bodies, nor was a hair of their heads singed; their robes were not scorched, and there was no smell of fire on them." (3:26b-27)

Anyway, here is the point of what God was showing me this morning about my life and what I want my life to be. I want to be in those trials, tribulations, persecution, whatever they maybe called and for people to see not me but God. In the margins of my Bible I wrote: " They were not touched, trust God to bring me through the flames. This is what I want, Father, to be untouched by what is going on." Life has gotten crazy with many, many things. I cling to the promise that God will not give us more than we can handle at one time. I cling to the fact that I have the power dwelling in me to have the endurance and patience to deal with whatever life throws me. I just have to continue to trust God to work through me, and out of me and let his Spirit that dwells in me do the work, because I can not do it myself.

So to my friends, whether you realized it or not, God was using you this morning because he needed me to read the story of Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego again to see what truth He had for me there today.

1 comment:

Laurie said...

I can't take credit, it was Mrs. Goofy that brought up that illustration. I'm so glad that you were there this morning! Sometimes we just need to help each other cry. I personally think that it has been awesome to see God working in your life this past year! I don't know if this is where you are...but I know that God has made me miserable, so that He could move me in a new direction. Remember that I'm praying for you daily!!