My Life on Earth

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

No Words...

Watching death is beyond words.

The body shutting down.
Grasping for breath.
Glazed over eyes.
Smells.
Trying to focus on the good times, not the present.
Desperately not wanted to remember a dear friend this way.
Singing.
The Gospel: what peace.
Skin and bones.
Crying.
Praying, pleading, begging.
Hurt feeling.
Not blood, but the only child he ever had, and yet pushed to the side.
Sitting.
Watching: for hours.
How long must he suffer.
The pain and sadness God felt as he watched his Son die.
Wondering what they hear, what they comprehend when you speak.

Getting a blink because he knows I am there.

This is my week, watching a wonderful man who help raise me die.

2 comments:

Nikioliee! said...

oh baby! are you okay sweetheart??

Shawna said...

I am so sorry for your loss. I will be praying for you. I'm sure the Lord has comforted you in this time as I know he does.