My Life on Earth

Thursday, March 19, 2009

5:44

At 5:44 PM, March 18, 2009, Floyd passed from here to Heaven.

July 4, 1917 - March 18, 2009 (91)
Wife Clara September 8,1922 - December 5, 2002 (80)

I was the one that got the blessing of being with him. I will never forget the look, and knowing that I am the one he got to see as he was leaving. I told my mom, that it was selfish, she said no it wasn't because that is what he wanted. However, the harsh reality hit when the niece got to the nursing home about 40 minutes later. I asked if there was anything that I could do, so she asked me to stay until the funeral director got there to pick up the body. When he got there and asked questions that I knew the answer too, he said you must have known him well, I said very well I walked to his house when I was 5. Then the niece introduced me as "just the neighbor girl". Wow, what a slap in the face. I called the only living relative of Clara last night on my way home to let her know. As we were talking, she told me that Floyd and Clara had told them numerous times, I was the child they were never able to have. It is amazing how you know the truth, but yet Satan can take it and twist it in to something it is not, whether it be scriptural truth or human truth.