My Life on Earth

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

More Confirmation...God be the Glory

In several previous posts, I have been speaking of one specific subject about God. Well, this morning in my study time, yet again God reconfirms what I believe. I know to some these post may still be confusing, but too many they are not, because they know my life personally. I have starting reading through the Book of Acts, learning more about the Holy Spirit and how he moves and works. I don't even begin to claim that I know it all, because by far I do not, but on this specific subject, I am positive about what God is telling me.

Chapter 8:15-17
(NIV) "When they (Peter and John) arrived, they prayed for them that they might receive the Holy Spirit, because the Holy Spirit had not yet come upon any of them, they had simply been baptized into the name of the Lord Jesus. Then Peter and John placed their hands on them, and they received the Holy Spirit."

(KJV) "Who, when they were come down, prayed for them, that they might receive the Holy Ghost: For as yet he was fallen upon none of them: only they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus. Then laid they their hands on them, and they received the Holy Ghost."

Epipipto is the Greek word used for "fallen" in the King James version. Epipipto means to embrace (with affection) or seize (with more or less violence; literal or figurative): fall into (on, upon), lie on, press upon.


No comments: