My Life on Earth

Monday, August 18, 2008

God give me the words...

Matthew 10:19b-20 "...Do not worry about what to say or how to say it. At that time you will be given what to say, for it will not be you speaking, but the Spirit of your Father speaking through you..."

Have you ever tried to explain something to someone, but you never feel like you have the right words to explain it. Well, this has been the case for me for several months now. Well, yesterday, God gave me the words to explain what I have not been able to truly explain.

Through my persecution, God has continued to show me to this point that what I believe about His Word and what He did in my life is correct and from God. Saturday, while talking with my eldest daughter, the Missinator, I discovered others involved in the persecution. Yet again, I was overwhelmed and saddened by the lack of belief in the power of God and the Holy Spirit. Therefore, I did not want to go to church Sunday. The hubby knew that and knew he would be dragging me along. Well, while sitting there waiting for Sunday school to start watching the business of the church, I decided to leave. I just did not feel that I could handle it yesterday. That was me depending on my own strength not the Holy Spirits strength in me.

I came home and sat on my floor praying and crying out, why me, why me, why now, why this, basically having a pity party that God does not like. Well, I began to pray the Lord's prayer, pleading with God to give me the answer, I told God Christ knew why he was being persecuted, you love me and care for me why can I not know. As I was praying, God revealed to me why, "But the church body has become about filling the sits, not about Spiritual growth. This is for the spiritual growth of the church." (Our church body that is, although the same issue is probably in many church bodies.) I again asked for confirmation as to what I believe. I want to know what God says, not myself, not other people, just God.

Note: (December 8,2008)
As I was praying, God revealed to me why, "But the church body has become about filling the sits, not about Spiritual growth. This is for the spiritual growth of the church." (Our church body that is, although the same issue is probably in many church bodies.)

This statement has come to my attention as being an incorrect statement, that I was saying that God revealed to me the intentions of someone else hearts. When I went back through and read this over, that was not what I was saying. What I was saying and still believe is that God was telling "Me" was that the "Church" as a whole, not one person has become about filling sits, not spiritual growth. I do not claim to know the intentions of anyones heart, that is between them and God, just like the intentions of my heart are between me and God. I know this maybe too little too late; however, I feel the need to explain my statement farther.

After my prayer time, I get up and go back to church with a renewed Spirit. When I got in to listen to the message that God had laid out, it just recomfirmed what I believed. The message laid out the power of the Holy Spirit in us to control our actions, but not really to literally take control of us, to whelm us. Which is also what this passage was about, which yet again God used to reconfirm for me that he has whelmed me. I know to many this post may be confusing, which is okay, because when God sees fit for me to continue to explain He will.

Anyway, back to my title, God give me the words..., I was finally able to explain to the hubby in a manner in which he truly understood. Not that the hubby did not believe what I was telling him, it was that I just could not explain it. But in my limited knowledge of God and who He is, I know that He is caring, compassionate, all knowing, and all powerful, and that He loves me. Therefore, I trust in Him to show me if I am wrong. He loves me too much to allow Satan to led me down an incorrect path when I am truly seeking the right answer. God's answer. Up to this point, through much prayer, God continues to reconfirm that He has whelmed me.

No comments: