My Life on Earth

Monday, June 29, 2009

Saving again....

This was my Publix trip yesterday. My out of pocket spending was $46.19, I saved $58.01. I have had several people ask me how I am doing this, so I am going to give a little explaining.

How did I do it. Well, cherries were on sale for $2.49, and raspberries were on sale 3/$5 and asparagus for $1.99 per pound, tostitos were B1G1. Everything else was on sale plus I had coupons. Example, the pringles were on 3/$4 per can ($1.33 per can), then I had $1.00 MC (manufacture coupons) on two cans. So I bought four, because I had two coupons and the chips don't expire until Mar 2010. The apple juice ($2.49) I paid a penny for with the mystery coupon in the sale paper. French's mustard was B1G1, then I had two $.50 MC and one $.75 MC. The $.50 MC doubles, so I spent $.09 on all three bottles of mustard that don't expire until Sept 2010. The Kotex were B1G1, and I had $.75 MC per box, so I paid $.85 per box, so bought four boxes since I had four couples. The Velveeta cheese was B1G1, I had two $1.00 MC and one $1.00 Publix coupon so I spent $.98 per box of Velveeta. Yoplait yogurt, I had a $.40 MC that doubles to $.80, and a $1.00 Publix coupon. I only buy stuff that is either on sale, or I have a coupon for. I prefer both of course, because then you save even more.

Here was my CVS stop yesterday. Out of pocket, $3.45, saved $25.96. How did I do it?

First, I did three transactions, one stick of speed stick for $3.99 (used a rain check I had been saving with ECB's with attached) I used a $3.00 Extra Care Buck (ECB) from last week, paid $1.07 and got a $4.00 ECB, used that $4.00 ECB to pay for the next stick of deodorant, paid $0.00 and got another $4.00 ECB. Then the Wisk was on sale B1G1 ($8.49 for both), I had two $1.50 coupons (brought total down to $5.49), then I used the $4.00 ECB from the previous transaction, and paid $2.38 for both bottles of Wisk.

It is more time consuming to shop this way, but the amount of money I am saving is completely worth the extra time. I will post this months totals, most like tomorrow.

No comments: