My Life on Earth

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

June Savings and 3 month total

So, I thought since I as putting my totals on for the month of June and my three month total, I decided to take pictures of most of the food and stuff in my house, so that when I say we have a lot of stuff in the house you will know I am telling the truth.

Here is one picture of the downstairs refrigerator/freezer. There is more in this freezer, I just took a picture of the door.

This is the door of the upright deep freezer.
The body of the upright freezer.
I took the laundry detergent out of the cabinet, so you could see it better.
This is a shelf in the downstairs room.
Pretty self explanatory.
One side of under my bathroom sink. In the front is 5 toothbrushes, I believe, and one of 7 razors I have bought. Giving many of those away.
Under my bathroom sink. The shampoo and conditioner is on the left, then body wash, toothpaste, shaving cream, deodorant, and tampons. We have given some of this stuff away, so it is not in the pictures.
Twelve boxes of the kids soap.
Sugar, Ziplocs, pasta, easy mac, etc.
This is one cabinet in the kitchen.
The snack cabinet.
And finally, the cereal cabinet.


June Totals
Before Savings 1023.05
Coupons 301.90
Advertised savings 219.97
Out of Pocket 501.18


Three Month Total
Before Savings 3187.42
Coupons 757.53
Advertised Savings 761.90
Out of Pocket 1667.99

A total percentage savings of 52.32%

We now have so much food and personal hygiene products in our house, we are giving them away. We have also decided not to change our grocery budget. We thought the left over would be an excellent addition to my Longaberger commission that will be used for vacation. So that is the incentive to keep the groceries low, but yet still eat what we want (ie. lots of ice cream).



No comments: