My Life on Earth

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Rested and Relaxed

So, as I mentioned, the Hubby and I got to spend the last week together without any children around. It was great to get to spend some quality time with the Hubby. Thanks to the in-laws.

Anyway, we spent the first three days in Nashville at Opry Mills. We got a lot of Christmas shopping finished. Best of all, the Hubby got an amazing Christmas present from his parents and myself. It had to be a joint effort. He got a Gibson J-100 Acoustic/electric guitar. I will post pictures of it later. We are still coming up with a name for her. He said Amber because of her color, I am thinking Autumn.

We also watched two movies while in Nashville. We saw Eagle Eye in Imax, and Fireproof. Both were excellent movies, I recommended them to anyone. And you know, now that I think about it, I don't believe I remember any cursing or indecent scenes Eagle Eye. Nice.

Then we came back home and the Hubby got the lights up in our bathroom, then I fixed the hole in the wall left by the previous light, and a hole in the wall in Kid-O's room where the previous owners had put a hole in the wrong placed then never fixed it. I also got mulch in the rest of the flower beds around the house. Oh and the Hubby balanced all the fans. I do believe we are ready for the market now. The realtor will be coming over Wednesday night or Thursday, not sure yet.

Then Friday morning we took Breezy up for her Chrysalis flight, relaxed around the house, then Friday night we went to a home grown Opera - Carmen at the Lincoln Center, Ars Nova. It was actually pretty good. That little opera house actually has a lot of talent in it. We were pleasantly surprised. Saturday, we did Chrysalis stuff and relaxed some more, before the children arrived home.

Sunday morning we went to breakfast with the in-laws, had a nice conservation, then they headed home and the family headed on to church.

Oh, I ate lots of good food this past week. I think the best part of this vacation, aside from being alone with the Hubby was the fact that I did not cook a single meal from Saturday night until Saturday night. It was great. On the way home Saturday I asked the hubby if we could eat out one last time before I had to start cooking again. He humored me and said yes.

So, as you can tell, we had a great week and the children had fun as well. I will post pictures of the new guitar and the kids weeks in the next couple of days.

No comments: