My Life on Earth

Friday, August 13, 2010

Couponing 101...Part 11...RiteAid

Okay, so I shopped at RiteAid this week. It is pretty easy and words very similarly to the CVS Extra Care Buck program. In a previous post, I already posted the coupon policy, so don't forget to read that since I won't post that again in this one.

So here's how I did it this week.

Transaction 1
M&M's 2/$4.00 get $1.00 +up
Buy 3 bags of M&M's
Use Buy 1 Get 1 MC
Use $1.00 off pretzel M&M's
OOP = $3.00
+Up = $1.00

Transaction 2
Granier Shampoo and Conditioner 2/$6.00 get $2.00 +Up
Buy 2 bottles
Use 2 $1.00 MC
Use $1.00 +Up
OOP = $3.00
+Up = $2.00

So, three bags of M&M's and shampoo and conditioner for $6.00 OOP and $2.00+Up rewards in my pocket.

So far the only real difference I see between the CVS program and the RiteAid program is the rain check procedure. With CVS you can get a rain check for the sale price with the ECB attached. So if the item would be $4.00 with $3.00 ECB, when the item is back in stock you would go in, get the item and they would print your ECB. However, with the RiteAid rain check procedure, if the same item is $4.00 with $3.00 +Up rewards and you have to get a rain check it will be written for $1.00. Rite Aid is unable to print the +Up rewards out after the sale, so they will right the rain check for the sale amount minus the +Up reward amount.


No comments: